Are you thinking about investing in an inflatable paddleboard? If so, you need to make sure you have the right size. There are many options from which to choose, so you need to make sure you find the best one to meet your needs. As you are looking at the available options, you may wonder how big of a stand-up paddleboard you need. What do you need to think about when you are trying to find the right size? There are a few important points you need to remember. That way, you will find the best stand-up paddleboard for your needs.
What Size Paddle Board Should I Get?
As you evaluate every option you have in front of you, there are several important factors you need to consider. A few important points you need to keep in mind include:
- Is the stand-up paddleboard strong enough to support your weight?
- Will the stand-up paddleboard be stable as you use it?
- Does the stand-up paddleboard suit the activities you plan on doing?
You should keep these three questions in the back of your mind as you are evaluating every option. As you begin to look at your options, four separate dimensions impact the size of your stand-up paddleboard.
- The Volume: This is a measure of the buoyancy of the board. It is usually measured in liters.
- The Length: This is the measurement of the stand-up paddleboard from tip to tail.
- The Width: This is the side-to-side measurement of the board, usually taking at the fattest point.
- The Thickness: This is the height of the stand-up paddleboard when it is fully inflated.
You need to use these measurements to help you figure out the size of the inflatable stand-up paddleboard you need.
Comparing the Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board To Your Weight
The most important thing you need to remember when trying to find the right inflatable stand-up paddleboard is the weight capacity. Especially if you are going out for the first time, your weight and skill level will determine the size of your stand-up paddleboard. In general, if you weigh less than 200 pounds, you should be able to float well on just about any typical stand-up paddleboard. If you weigh 235 pounds, you need to find a stand-up paddleboard with 175 L of volume. That way, you will stay stable. If you are over 275 pounds, you need a stand-up paddleboard with about 242 L of volume.
If you do not have an inflatable stand-up paddleboard with the right volume for your weight, you will probably feel unstable. You may have a hard time moving because your board will sit much lower in the water, creating a lot of drag.
The Length of the Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
Finally, if you need to think about the length of your inflatable stand-up paddleboard, there are three separate length categories. They include:
- If your stand-up paddleboard is under 10 feet, it is better for SUP surfing because it is more maneuverable. This is popular among beginners because shorter stand-up paddleboards are easier to control.
- If the stand-up paddleboard is 11 feet long, this is great for all-around use, including yoga and fishing.
- If the stand-up paddleboard is 12 feet or longer, this is better for advanced users who want to engage in racing and tracking.
If you keep these points in mind, you should be able to find the right inflatable stand-up paddleboard for your needs.
Take a Look at the Selection from Dunn Rite Today!
Because there are many options available, you need to think about the benefits and drawbacks of each inflatable paddleboard you are considering. If you are looking for the best inflatable paddleboard, take a look at the selection from Dunn Rite! You can find blue stand-up paddleboards, white stand-up paddleboards, and stand-up paddleboards with floral patterns as well! Take the time to review the selection and find the best option for you!
Dunn-Rite Pool Products and Inflatable Paddle Boards
3rd Generation Family Owned Company with a long history of developing innovative products of the highest quality.