The 4th of July is right around the corner and nothing goes with the 4th of July quite like a pool party! The question hosts are asking now is, what are we going to serve for food and drinks? If you want to do a red, white, and blue 4th of July theme pool party, we have some great suggestions for you to try.
4th of July Pool Party Beverages
Red, White, and Blue Blast
Alcohol-free and fun for the whole family, you'll even get a science lesson in for the kids and they won't even know they're learning! You can swap out the juices, you just can't change the order, otherwise you'll get a pretty purple drink instead of the layered red, white, and blue we're aiming for here.
- Koolaid Tropical Punch (red layer)
- Gatorade Frost (white layer)
- G2 Blueberry Pomegranate (blue layer)
Because of the sugar content in the Kool Aid (38g) it will be our bottom layer.
- Fill your dispenser with ice. Make sure it's full to help keep your layers separate.
- Grab a big metal spoon and place it across the top of the ice with the spoon side up against your container
- VERY slowly pour the tropical punch over the spoon so it flows gently down the inside of the container. Try not to have it touch ice cubes or it will blend in to the next colors. I like to use a wooden spoon to dig down and make a small channel to the bottom.
- Prepare for the second layer of Gatorade Frost. At 29g of sugar it will sit nicely over the red Kool Aid.
- Slow pour the Gatorade Frost layer over an ice cube until you fill the next 1/3.
- Last layer is the G2 Blueberry. Because it only has 7g of sugar, it will sit on top.
- Very very slowly pour the blue layer over an ice cube until the last 1/3 is to the top.
You can swap out the layers, you just need to pay attention to the sugar content. If your bottom two layers are approximately 40/20, then the top layer should have as close to zero as possible.
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
Easy, fun, and who doesn't love a fruit kabob!
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wooden Skewers or Kabob sticks
- Wash and dry all fruit
- Cut strawberries in to bite size pieces
- Assemble kabobs using 1/3 for blueberries, 1/3 for mini marshmallows, and 1/3 for sliced strawberries
4th Of July Cake
This is a great hack if you aren't a baker, but want to theme out your pool party for the 4th of July. Take a store bought cake with white frosting and as little decoration as possible, scrape off all the decorations and dispose. Add more white frosting so you now have a plain white cake canvas. You will now have a plain white (flag shaped) rectangle. in the upper left corner, add 4 rows of blueberries. Fill the rest with 4 rows of raspberries or strawberries (any red fruit or candy works here) until your cake looks like a flag. Easy, fast, and totally on theme for our 4th of July pool party!
These few recipes and ideas can be twisted and turned in to a few iterations that you can easily play with. Add in a BBQ with the all American staples like burgers and hot dogs and you have a 4th of July party that will be one for the ages! Send us in your pictures of 4th of July pool parties showcasing your Dunn-Rite pool basketball or pool volleyball units and maybe we will share them on our social media pages.
Have a fun and safe 4th of July friends!
Dunn-Rite Pool Products and Inflatable Paddle Boards
3rd Generation Family Owned Company with a long history of developing innovative products of the highest quality.